£22,000- 25,000 depending on experience per annum (pro rata)
UK-based with the right to work in the UK
6 months, with possible extension
We’re looking for a detail-oriented Research Assistant to support with data collection and research for our Women’s Economic Empowerment Project. This is a full-time staff position for six months, with the possibility of extension.
The role involves supporting with data collection and conducting research on international funding six focus countries: Kenya, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Uganda, Pakistan and Bangladesh. We will utilize an evidence-based approach to advocate for greater tracking and transparency of funding towards WEE. The responsibilities of this role include:
- Carrying out desk research to map a range of funding to focus countries using online data tools including the Creditor Reporting System (CRS) of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development’s Development Assistance Committee (OECD- DAC) and International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI)
- Analysis of funding trends
- Collating data and performing consistency checks
- Collecting examples, stories and case studies for inclusion in advocacy and report products
We’re looking for someone to start in February 2022. Applications will be considered until a suitable candidate has been appointed so please apply early. Please send your CV and a covering letter of max. 1 page outlining:
- Why you want to work at Publish What You Fund.
- Why you are suitable for the role, addressing the responsibilities and experience required as listed above
to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘WEE Research Assistant’.