Last week, the Center for Strategic and International Studies held an event to discuss aid effectiveness, transparency, and accountability in the U.S.
Congressman Ted Poe, one of the key authors of the 2013 Foreign Aid Transparency and Accountability Act, opened the event by highlighting the importance of the Aid Transparency Index as the only measure of donor transparency.
A panel of experts further discussed ways to strengthen aid effectiveness in the context of U.S. development policy. They included:
- Sheila Herrling, Vice President, Department of Policy and Evaluation, Millennium Challenge Corporation
- Amb. John Simon, Founding Partner, Total Impact Advisors and Former U.S. Ambassador to the African Union
- J. Edward Fox, Principal, Fox & Associates and Former Assistant Administrator for Legislative and Public Affairs, U.S. Agency for International Development
- Porter DeLaney, Founding Partner, Kyle House Group
- Gregory Adams, Director of Aid Effectiveness, OXFAM America
See more details about the event.