France-AFD is a public agency and a development bank, which manages the majority of French bilateral assistance. In 2018, they remained in the ‘fair’ category. Publish What You Fund welcomes AFD’s commitment to transparency and now calls on them to:
- Update to a newer version of the Standard so as to take full advantage of the benefits it offers.
- Improve the comprehensiveness of its publication by providing information on more indicators.
- Focus on regularly updating information captured in the organisational planning component.
- Improve the publication of financial and budgetary data to include disaggregated budgets and project budgets.
- Make further progress on the publication of performance related information, including on results and reviews and evaluations.
- Demonstrate the impact of transparency on development work, by taking responsibility to promote the use of the data they publish: internally, to promote coordination and effectiveness; and externally, to explore online and in-person feedback loops, including at country-level.